Monday, September 15, 2008

I think everyone should visit Governors Island before the season ends.


I've been pushing for everyone to have a picnic on "Gubment Island" this summer and I stand firm in my belief.  It's one of the most perfect "little getaways" you can go on while still in the city!   Governors  Island National Monument Closes for the season on October 12, 2008.
The Governors Island Ferry leaves from the Battery Maritime Building .
Governors Island is closed from Monday to Thursday and open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.  Every hour on the hour and returns every hour on the half hour.  This is a 100% Free ferry ride.  Free, yah hear me?
So grab your picnic baskets and lets go! 

Additional information can be found here:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gubment Island is where it's at!

Kim D said...

It's a travel blog. I wanna see HK!!! HK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONGGG KOngGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!